Monday, July 20, 2009

Learning to Drive a Stick Shift


After 11 years of driving I have never quite got the hang of driving a stick shift. I have tried and tried again and my foot coordination somehow always gets mixed up. Well, this summer Mike finally took the top off of his 4-runner (aka The Purple Flamer...aka Led Zepplin). My friend Shanna's 13 year old daughter has fallen in love with it and even wants to drive it when she turns 16 (if it lasts that long).

As a result of her excitement for "The Purple Flamer" we have been taking evening drives out the the wildlife refuge to cruise around and look for deer.

While on these excursions I have taken upon my self to learn to drive this vehicle. Shanna has even volunteered to be my teacher (she didn't know what she was getting into).

I have made the 4-runner bounce through entire intersections and hop and jerk like most people could never do. She has even tried to imitate it and simply can't do it. I tell her is just because I am so talented.

I will update you with my driving status in the future to let everyone know of my success at learning...or the number of chiropratic visits Shanna and I have to make :)


I hope you enjoy the video as much as we do!!!

1 comment:



The snow piles in front of the Mosher's house.

Mike in the snow